Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Comment on a Colleague's Blog

The Bemused Citizen wrote a beautiful piece on the decline of our government and the failure of those that brought us here. I completely agree that the people who we have in office have become blinded by their greed for power and money and this has brought our government to a state of “mockery and disdain”. The political parties controlling our government no longer have the views of the people in mind, but instead they busy themselves with winning petty arguments and gaining money and publicity for the nest term’s campaign. 

Though this piece of beautifully written and I agree with the main premise, I do disagree with the ending statement saying that “America will be great again.” Call me a pessimist but I believe that each person entering our government can’t help but to become sidetracked and lead astray by their personal wants and the pressure of their peers within the same party. I think America has a long way to go before we are anywhere close to being the nation that is “…a bastion of intelligence, a citadel of hop for world economy…”

No comments:

Post a Comment